Sexual Harassment Law
Sexual harassment is a form of employment discrimination that violates United States federal law and, in many cases, state and local law. In general, employers are required to take steps to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace and, if sexual harassment is reported, to take immediate action to address the situation. Furthermore, any employee who reports sexual harassment is legally protected against retaliation from her or his employer.
Ziegler, Ziegler & Associates LLP protects the rights of employees who have been victims of sexual harassment in many forms, including:
- Direct requests for sexual contact
- Unwelcome sexual advances such as requests for dates or other meetings outside the workplace
- Verbal or physical contact of a sexual nature
- Sexual assault or rape
- Being forced to work within a hostile work environment
- Inappropriate workplace behavior, including, but not limited to, the use of derogatory language towards women and/or displays of pornographic images in the workplace
- Unfair and discriminatory treatment including, but not limited to, being denied opportunities for advancement and/or promotion on the basis of gender
Our Manhattan-based sexual harassment attorneys assist employees suffering from sexual harassment throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and elsewhere. We are adept at using various aspects of sexual harassment law to seek compensation for our clients and to allow them to move on with their personal and professional lives. We employ, where appropriate: documentation and investigation of harassment, negotiation with employers, coordination with other possible victims of harassment, litigation, and assistance to clients seeking to move forward professionally after incidents of harassment. Throughout the process, we are sensitive to the emotional, professional, and financial effects that workplace harassment can have.
We welcome you to read more about our sexual harassment law services, common financial and other concerns that arise when someone subject to mistreatment wonders whether to sue for sexual harassment, and our attorneys' representative work in sexual harassment law.
We also welcome you to contact us. Ziegler, Ziegler & Associates is dedicated to empowering our clients to stop unconscionable behavior in the workplace as well as to providing the committed legal advocacy you need to recover damages from workplace mistreatment. To discuss your situation and how we may be of help through a no-cost, confidential consultation, contact Ziegler, Ziegler & Associates online, call us at (212) 319-7600, or email email@example.com.